Saturday, November 24, 2007

Maybe the Magic 8 Ball Can Help

Here at Brutally Honest Babes, we sometimes take advice questions from other sites and answer them. Better. Below is an example.

Ask JohnQ.com:
One of my good friends and I recently started dating. We've tried it once before but it didn't work out because neither of us were in the right place. I was apprehensive to say yes again because he has this problem. He tends to get bored with women really quickly, when the thrill of the chase is gone things just fizzle out. He persuaded me by promising that he knew it was different this time. That he's always regretted that things didn't work out between us the first time and that he knows he won't get bored because he feel's differently about me then anyone he's ever gone out with. It's only been about a month now and I feel like things are changing already. He seems to be cooling off and I'll say not as invested as I am. I have feelings for him and I'm just not sure how he feels at this point. Are they're any signs to look for to give me some hints that he's done? I’m just not sure what to do, any opinions?

Dear Do This Don’t Do That:
Sign Sign everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery breaking your mind. Seems to us that you are already seeing the signs, if you are getting the feeling he is cooling off towards you. Or, you could just be seeing what you always thought you were going to see with this man, and it’s all in your broken head. We’ve said it before, and it bears repeating: Women imagine drama. We think about what we think and then about he might think and then we interpret that and then we discuss it with our friends and then mix it with some rum to make Panic-Coladas. Take a deep breath and back away from the blender!

Maybe he is cooling, maybe he isn’t. Maybe he’s invested a month with you and isn’t trying as hard anymore because men love to be comfortable. After all, flowers and dinner at Chez Snooty turn into Chinese take out and Jet Li movies on DVD alarmingly fast. Try being not-as-available to him for a week or two. Don’t dump him, don’t bring it up and discuss the crap out of it and make him want to shoot himself in the head, just make it not-so-easy to be with you. Does he pursue again, or does he let you get away? It’s a simple experiment to check where you stand.

No comments: