Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dear Someone Else: Once I Go Black, Can I Go Back?

Here at Brutally Honest Babes, we understand that at first no one has any idea who we are. So, we will take advice questions from other sites and answer the questions. Better. Below is an example.

Dear Too Real Women:
I am a widow who lives in a very white, middle class neighborhood. I have met a man who is a different race and faith. I do want to date him but I am worried about what my neighbors will think. Should I just tell him that it is not a good idea?
Dilemma in the suburbs

Dear Suburban Dilemma,
It’s a terrible idea to date outside your race, and probably faith, too. You don’t really need a man. You can be comforted by your neighbors who are fun to cuddle with on rainy nights, you can share your deepest heart of hearts with, and who laugh at all your stupid WASPy jokes. Wait, they don’t? They are horrid, judgey assholes? Then what will become of you if you don’t indulge in your hot and steamy Jungle fever? Vibrators are no fun to spoon. Are you really going to choose your neighbors over a lovely, interested real live man? If they object because he’s a darker shade then they, then their opinions 100% do not matter. We think you should date your exciting new man, and that you should seriously ask yourself why on Earth you even considered someone else’s opinion over your own.


No comments: