Saturday, September 29, 2007

Black and White and Grey All Over

Dear Brutally Honest Babes:
Last night I was at a friend’s birthday party and a guy asked me out. He seems nice and is quite handsome. I hate to admit this, but I’m not sure if I can go on a date with him. I’m white and he’s black. I know it’s 2007, but I’ve never dated a non-white man and I know my parents would have a hard time with it. Should I go out with him?

Dear Ms. Grey,
You are a grown up. Of course you want to respect your parents, but they must also respect your rights and wishes. (Please tell us you do not still live with them!) Simply put, if you find yourself attracted to this man, go out on a date. If you are not attracted to him, don't guilt yourself into a date with him because you're afraid you'll look like a racist if you don't go. Easy peasy. He is a man and you are a woman. If you like him and he likes you and over time you develop a real relationship, THEN introduce him to Ma and Pa.

No comments: